Rev. Date: January, 2024
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
(1) Right to Know. You have the right to know the personal information that we collect and use about you, including the
categories of personal information; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business
or commercial purpose for collecting personal information; and the specific pieces of personal information that we have
collected about you.
(2) Right to Delete. You have the right to request us to delete any personal information that we have collected about you.
Subject to certain exceptions, we will delete the personal information that we have collected about you from our records,
and we will direct any service provider or contractor to delete your personal information from their records.
(3) Right to Correct. You have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate personal information that we maintain about
you. Subject to certain exceptions, we will correct the personal information that we maintain about you on our existing
system, and we will direct any service provider or contractor to make the necessary corrections on their systems.
(4) Right to Not Receive Discriminatory Treatment. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the
exercise of privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"). A price or service difference is
discriminatory and prohibited if we treat you differently because you exercised a right conferred by the CCPA or its issuing
regulations. A price or service difference is non-discriminatory if it is reasonably related to the value of your data.
Types of Personal Information
Collected Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information. We collected the following categories of personal information in the preceding 12
• Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol
address, email address, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other
• Any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual,
including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description,
address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy
number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or
any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
• Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
• Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or
considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
• Biometric Information
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history,
and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement
• Geolocation Data
• Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Similar Information
• Professional or Employment-Related Information
• Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as
defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
• Inferences drawn from any of the information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer's
preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
Categories of Sources. We collected your personal information from the following type of people or entities:
• Direct from the consumer
• Advertising networks
• Internet service providers
• Data analytics providers
• Government entities
• Operating systems and platforms
• Social networks
Business or Commercial Purposes. We collected your personal information for these business or commercial purposes:
• Performing services on behalf of the institution, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of the Institution
Personal Information Is Not Sold or Shared. We have not sold or shared your personal information to any third parties in the preceding 12 months.
Personal Information Is Not Disclosed. We have not disclosed your personal information to third parties in the preceding 12 months.
How to Submit A Request Regarding Your Personal Information
You can submit to us a verifiable request to know, request to delete, or request to collect your personal information. We will verify that you are the person who we have collected information about by using the personal information provided in the verifiable consumer request. If you wish to submit a verifiable request for personal information we collect, use, or disclose or a request to delete information you should:
1. Contact us at our toll free number 800-944-2265
2. Fill out and submit our opt-out form
No later than 10 business days after receiving your request(s), we will confirm that we received your request(s) and provide you
with information on how we will process your request(s). We will respond to your request to know, request to delete, or correct
no later than 45 calendar days after receiving your request(s). If we cannot verify your identity within this time period, we may
deny your request(s). If we need more time, we will inform you of the reason for the delay during this time period and may
extend the time to respond up to an additional 45 calendar days. Our response will cover the 12-month period preceding our
receipt of your request.
You can submit your request to know, request to delete, and request to correct by calling us toll-free at 1-800-944-2265.
You can also submit your request(s) by using any of the following methods:
• Fill out and submit our opt-out form
• Toll Free Phone Number: 800-944-2265
Authorized Agents. We may allow an authorized agent to make a request to know, request to delete, or request to correct on your
behalf. We may require written proof that you have given the agent permission to submit a request on your behalf, require the
agent to verify their identity with us, or require you to confirm with us that you have provided the agent permission to submit the
request. If you are an authorized agent, you may make these requests by following these instructions: Your authorized agent may
also make a request on your behalf. When submitting a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of
authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
Sterling Bank and Trust will not discriminate against you when you exercise a privacy right under CCPA.
• Visiting our online form
Request to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to delete the personal information we collected by:
• Calling us toll-free at: 1-800-944-2265
• Fill out and submit our opt-out form